Travel planning can be a stressful and time-consuming task, especially with the abundance of information and choices available on the internet. It can be challenging to validate the credibility of sources and ensure that your trip meets your expectations. A concierge is a service that provides assistance, guidance, and advice to individuals or businesses.
Typically, you may associate a concierge or personal travel assistant with luxury hotels or apartment buildings, where they may provide services, such as arranging transportation, booking reservations, and recommending local attractions. However, a concierge or PA service can also be a standalone business that offers similar services to individuals or companies.
These services can include travel planning, event coordination, personal shopping, and more. Essentially, a concierge service is dedicated to making their clients’ lives easier and more efficient by offering personalized assistance and support. Many travellers may want to consider a full-service concierge that offers trustworthiness, efficiency, and peace of mind, especially when most people are inundated with day-to-day to do lists and with planning a holiday this can be even more overwhelming, sometimes having the extra help from an expert can help.
Here are ten reasons why you should choose to get a concierge for your next trip:
- Maximizes your free time: imagine having your super-organised best friend planning your trip, only instead of one person it’s a team of experts who spend hours researching all the details you need to plan your trip from the best time to travel to your dream destination, the cultural experiences you should investigate, the weather, outdoor adventures, and more. They can help you find the best places to see, which airlines to book with, visa requirements, fair rates for the area, where to stay, and more.
- Stretches your budget: With a concierge, you can save money and fit in additional services, shopping, and experiences into your next trip. They know when and how to get the best deals.
- Less stress: Your concierge is knowledgeable, passionate about travel, and organized. They fuss over the details, so you can relax knowing that each booking has been double-checked.
- Specialist knowledge: A travel concierge service can provide you with insider knowledge about your destination. They’ll find you interesting things to do based on your interests, such as fine dining, authentic street food, shopping, or nightclubs where the locals go to party.
- Real people: You’ll have access to a personal travel assistant who will play a hands-on role in planning your trip from start to end. A good travel concierge service aims to build trusting and long-lasting relationships with each of their clients.
- Beyond just booking: Your relationship with a travel concierge service doesn’t end once the itinerary has been ironed out and bookings have been made. If your plans change, your personal travel assistant is just an email or call away and can assist with recommendations that will suit your needs.
- Avoid scams and fraud: A travel concierge service has a list of approved accommodation and service providers that they have thoroughly vetted and used numerous times to protect you from scams and fraud.
- Have your best interests at heart: A travel concierge service aims to build long-lasting and trusting relationships with each of their clients to customize each trip to suit their needs.
- Experiences over souvenirs: A travel concierge service understands that travelling is not just about buying souvenirs, but about the experiences you can tell your friends and family about. They’ll curate your itinerary with experiences that are suited to you, making it feel like you planned it yourself.
- Access to unique experiences: Many travel concierge services have a contact list full of unique experiences that they’ve gathered along the way. They might be able to get you tickets to a concert that’s sold out or get you into that famous restaurant that everyone is talking about.
A travel concierge or personal assistant can make the admin of travelling much more bearable and relieve a lot of the stress so you can actually enjoy the process. It especially helps if you are travelling in a larger group where there are many opinions & preferences to consider.
My Trip PA democratises this service that usually comes with a large price tag, allowing you the opportunity to use this service without paying an arm and a leg. They can handle every aspect of your trip, from flights and accommodation to ensuring you have everything you need for a stress-free adventure for a fraction of the usual cost of a personal assistant service.